Construction Quantity Surveyor
- Prepare and submit quotations/tenders ensuring that the estimates are built-up based on cost and broken down into Labor / Plant/ Materials / Subcontractors and Preliminaries.
- Prepare the best price clearly labelled that will win the contract in a competitive bidding situation, while ensuring that the contract can be carried out profitably. Within given timescales.
- Offer the client suggestions on alternative passive fire protection methods and/or products.
- Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion.
- Value engineering.
- Commercial management and contract administration. Understand risk and report any concerns to the Managing Director.
- Assistance in dispute resolution.
- Interim valuations and payment assessment.
- Ensure that all Variations and extras are charged to the client.
- Complete final accounts.
- Monitor and apply release of retentions.
- Produce monthly cost analyses for the Operations Manager/Managing Director and Accountant.
- Monthly meeting with Operations and Contracts Managers to advise profit on contracts.
- Effectively manage and communicate procurement life cycle to the Project Team in line with the Programme of Works:
- Identification of Need.
- Supplier Identification.
- Supplier Communication and management.
- Negotiation with suppliers.
- Supplier Liaison.
- Placing orders, taking into account the requirements of the project and the site restrictions in conjunction with the Contracts/Operations Manager.
- Check, code and sign off invoices, both supply and subcontractors.
- Logistics Management.
- Control plant on hire and advise managers weekly.
The job profile is a non-exclusive compilation of duties carried out by this role and other tasks appropriate to the roles skills and experiences may be required from time to time.
Manage the company’s online portals. PQQ, tender submissions, etc.
- Customer focus
- Understanding of client’s requirements.
- Positive approach to client care.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Precise and articulate.
- Innovator and part of the team player.
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office.
- Be able to communicate at all levels.
- Financial Focused
- Awareness of Project costings.
- Budget controls.
- Actively review costs and put forward cost saving ideas.
- Decision Making
- Priorities workloads.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Risks management.
- Setting Goals and Standards.
- Able to take ownership of projects and make rational decisions based on facts available at time.
- Continuous improvement
2 - 3 years in the PFP (fire) industry/construction, covering a wide range of projects from repair and maintenance to new build (PFP and Doors), values from £5k to £3m.
Personal Skills Required.
- Good IT skills.
- Good communication skills.
- A working knowledge of industrial safety systems and associated regulations.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients and other departments.
- Must to able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Creative and resourceful.
Apply for this job
All fields with an * are required.